The apple cozies last week for teachers gave me an idea. I decided to try making a cupcake themed one. This is my first attempt. I had a little frustration figuring how to do the brown part. I semi-remembered the general idea from some ribbing on some pattern I did long ago for a sweater or something, but apparently not correctly as I frogged it quite a few times. I think for the next one I will make the brown part just a bit taller.
I crocheted over a button to make the cherry on top. Not sure if that is exactly what I had in mind, but now that I have made one I have several ideas for different varieties. I will probably try a few different ideas this week when I am not cleaning the house in preparation for company coming.